The 2021 Mathical Book Prize is now accepting submissions through September 25, 2020!
Publishers, please use the form below to submit titles for consideration. Winners will be announced in February 2021. For full details, view the 2021 Call for Submissions:
Have a favorite title from a past year that you really enjoyed? Submit it for consideration as a Mathical Honor Book.
To receive news about the Mathical Book Prize, sign up for email notifications.
2021 Mathical Book Prize FAQ
- A single frontlist title (published in 2020) will be awarded the Mathical Book Prize annually in each of five age categories.
- Additional frontlist titles may be named as Honor Books across the same age categories.
- Both fiction and nonfiction titles may be submitted.
- Textbooks, workbooks, kits, and experiment-only books are not eligible.
- All books must originate with a children’s publishing company or division and must be published (not simply distributed) by a publisher incorporated in the U.S.
- Spanish-language editions published in the U.S. simultaneously with English-language editions are eligible.
- Books translated into English are eligible.
What about backlist submissions?
The Mathical Selection Committee welcomes nominations for backlist titles:
- Currently in print
- Published in 2010-2019
- Never previously submitted for the Mathical Book Prize.
Backlist titles will be considered for the designation of Mathical Honor Books, which are included in the Mathical reading list and publicity materials. To nominate one or more backlist titles for consideration, see the online suggestion form.