Eight Mathical authors will join hundreds of K-12 math teachers at the upcoming centennial conference of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), April 1-4, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois.
Each author will present a 30-minute “burst” talk, tracing an element of their book. Then they will spend roughly half a day each in the Mathical Reading Room, a resource area in the exhibit hall, where they will sign and sell their books. Pop-up book readings are anticipated.
The Mathical lineup spans the range from PreK through middle school titles, including the following:
- Kate Narita: 100 Bugs! A Counting Book
- Songju Ma Daemicke: Cao Chong Weighs an Elephant
- Helaine Becker: Counting on Katherine: How Katherine Johnson Saved Apollo 13
- Julia Finley Mosca: The Girl with a Mind for Math: The Story of Raye Montague
- Seth Fishman: A Hundred Billion Trillion Stars
- Christopher Danielson: Which One Doesn’t Belong? A Shapes Book
- Richard Evan Schwartz: Really Big Numbers
- Wendy Lichtman: Secrets, Lies, and Algebra (Do the Math #1)
Selected authors will also read from their Mathical award-winning titles for the public at the Chicago Children’s Museum and in other venues. If you’ll be in Chicago in early April 2020, catch a Mathical author near you!