Eight Mathical authors will join hundreds of K-12 math teachers at the upcoming centennial conference of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), April 1-4, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois.
Update (March 13, 2020): Due to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic, we regret to announce that the NCTM Centennial Annual Meeting & Exposition and all Mathical events associated with this event have been cancelled per the policy of the state of Illinois. We hope that we’ll be able to share Mathical books and author events with attendees at a future NCTM event.
Each author will present a 30-minute “burst” talk, tracing an element of their book. Then they will spend roughly half a day each in the Mathical Reading Room, a resource area in the exhibit hall, where they will sign and sell their books. Pop-up book readings are anticipated.
The Mathical lineup spans the range from PreK through middle school titles, including the following:
- Kate Narita: 100 Bugs! A Counting Book
- Songju Ma Daemicke: Cao Chong Weighs an Elephant
- Helaine Becker: Counting on Katherine: How Katherine Johnson Saved Apollo 13
- Julia Finley Mosca: The Girl with a Mind for Math: The Story of Raye Montague
- Seth Fishman: A Hundred Billion Trillion Stars
- Christopher Danielson: Which One Doesn’t Belong? A Shapes Book
- Richard Evan Schwartz: Really Big Numbers
- Wendy Lichtman: Secrets, Lies, and Algebra (Do the Math #1)
Selected authors will also read from their Mathical award-winning titles for the public at the Chicago Children’s Museum and in other venues. If you’ll be in Chicago in early April 2020, catch a Mathical author near you!