In case you missed the National Math Festival’s Roundtable #2: Focus on Mathical Books, you can catch the recording here
This event took place Wednesday, May 6, 2020 from 2:30-3:30pm Eastern via Zoom, and was open to all friends of the National Math Festival.
Hosts David Eisenbud and Kirsten Bohl from the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) joined 2021 Festival presenters to share stories of change, encouragement, and exploration, including:
- Songju Ma Daemicke, author of Cao Chong Weighs an Elephant
- Jennifer Swender, author of Solving for M
- Brittney Morris, author of Slay
- Tiana Addai-Mensah, award-winning library media specialist at the Miles Jones Elementary Media Center in Richmond, Virginia
- Robin Adelson, executive director of the Books for Kids Foundation
- Dr. Herb Ginsburg, Mathical Book Prize Selection Committee member and emeritus professor of psychology and education, Teachers College, Columbia University
The award-winning Mathical authors above read to us from their winning books. We announced and celebrated 25 Title I school libraries around the US who are the first-ever recipients of the Mathical Book Prize Collection Development Awards, administered by the School Library Journal. We shared news about Mathical titles being distributed to children in need through our partners at the Books for Kids Foundation, and announced new Mathical reading guides from DREME, available for online support for parents and educators.
View the recording below or on Vimeo.